About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Blog Changes

This is especially for those few who read this blog regularly: Changes are coming.

First, let me explain what's going on. This blog began as a journal. I would jot some thoughts down while I read the Scriptures. As I became aware of some spiritual siblings who needed encouragement in their walks with Christ, I began to email my journal thoughts to them--one, then a couple more, then a few more... Soon I got the idea to post my journal thoughts on a blog as an encouragement to anyone who could use it.

Something else began to happen, too. I began to feel responsible to write more. More frequently. More thoroughly. More interestingly. To make a long story short, writing this blog now takes a lot of time.

I love writing (as you can probably tell every time I wax eloquent, whether you think I'm all that good a writer or not). And my deep desire is that everyone would be encouraged to walk more closely with Jesus through what I write.

At the same time, I'm investing too much time into this blog. I'm neglecting other things...including my health, at times. And my kids. Whatever time I invest in this blog is time I can't invest in other aspects of life.

So, am I quitting?

No.

But the blog is changing. At least, I hope I can be disciplined to change the way I blog. I also hope that it becomes more of a discussion blog. My goal is still to encourage people to keep up with daily Scripture readings. But rather than explaining the Scriptures the way I have been, I'm going to try to post a verse or passage, a concise thought about that passage, and a question inviting your thoughts.

We'll see how it goes. Please pray for me, that I invest my time wisely. And pray for one another, that each of us deeply, passionately pursues our relationship with Jesus Christ through His Word, prayer, obedience, etc.

Grace and peace -

Matt

No comments: