About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Friday, March 13, 2009

Moses' Wish-Numbers 11:24-13:33; Psalm 52; Proverbs 11:1-3

But Moses replied, "Are you jealous for my sake? I wish that all the LORD's people were prophets and that the LORD would put his Spirit on them!" – Numbers 11:29

 

Moses did not want to be the only one, or even one of a mere handful of people, who spoke for God. He wanted all God’s people to be Spirit-guided prophets! How amazing would that be?

 

Over one thousand years later, Moses’ wish came true on the day of Pentecost:

 

All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them. – Acts 2:4

 

No, this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel: "In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams. Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy." – Acts 2:16-18

 

All those who have put their hope and faith in Jesus Christ, the Lord, have been given the Holy Spirit, and all believers are now prophets! Are we prophesying? Are we declaring the wonders of God and of Jesus Christ to our family, neighbors, and co-workers? There is no reason not to speak out—we have the Holy Spirit in us and God’s Word in our hands! Let’s gently, kindly, compassionately tell people about their true and rightful King!

 

Father, too often we who claim to be Yours do not take advantage of the blessings You have given us! The Israelites had only one man for a while, and then some elders, too, who had the Holy Spirit to guide them. And through those men the Spirit was expected to guide their whole nation! How much more should we now, who have had the Spirit poured out on us by Jesus Christ and are all prophets, follow Your lead, obey Your will in our actions, and speak Your words out loud? May we live by the Spirit, as Moses wished all the Israelites could do!

 

No comments: