About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Andrew Smith’s sermon: Let Your Yes Be Yes

I didn’t have time today to write any thoughts on my devotional readings. But I did hear a wonderfully compelling message today when I attended theGathering (www.theGatheringNC.org - note: the message is probably not actually entitled "Let Your Yes Be Yes"). Andrew Smith preaches from Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount and does a wonderful job explaining why taking oaths makes no sense if you believe that God created, oversees and owns everything… including you. Let’s see if the sermon’s already online or not… Ok, so it’s not quite up yet (but I don’t know whether my sermons ever got online before Monday, either—often Tuesday. That’s asking a lot.) Still, his sermons from the past several weeks are online, which I’m sure are terrific, because in my one and only time listening to his preaching I found him to be passionately faithful to Jesus. So go to http://www.thegatheringnc.org/messagecenter.aspx?parentnavigationid=10677, listen to a message or two, and bookmark the page so that you have the chance to hear today’s message soon. Maybe even tomorrow. ‘Night, y’all!


No comments: