About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Self-Measurement Standards

ALL – Psalm 52:1-9
ALL – Proverbs 22:26-27
OT – Isaiah 1:1-2:22
NT – 2 Corinthians 10:1-18

Interesting passage for the day: Oh, don’t worry, I wouldn’t dare say that I am as wonderful as these other men who tell you how good they are! Their trouble is that they are only comparing themselves with each other, and measuring themselves against their own little ideas. What stupidity! – 2 Corinthians 10:12, The Living Bible

Thought: If you want to look good, compare yourself to another human being. Seriously. I can make myself look better than Bill Gates. I can make myself look better than Michael Jordan. I can make myself look better than President Obama. Perhaps not in every area of life, but in a few. And if those few aspects of life are all I focus on, I can look pretty good.

It’s tougher to look good when we compare ourselves to God’s standards. Do I need to say anything more than that? Just think about it a bit. When we measure ourselves by God’s standards, there is only one thing left to do: Call on Jesus for help!

Question: How long has it been since you’ve really thought about your need for Jesus? What areas of your life make you realize how much you need Him? When will you set aside time to call on Him to change you by the power of His Spirit?

To review the Bible reading plan options, please visit http://tinyurl.com/yj2o7jz.



No comments: