About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Monday, September 6, 2010

Love that Spills Over

ALL – Psalm 50:1-23
ALL – Proverbs 22:22-23
OT – Song of Solomon 1:1-4:16
NT – 2 Corinthians 8:16-24

Interesting passage for the day: He is glad to follow my suggestion that he visit you again—but I think he would have come anyway, for he is very eager to see you! – 2 Corinthians 8:17, The Living Bible

Thought: I love these personal touches we find in the Scriptures. Paul’s letters are full of teaching, logic, and sometimes even argument. But we can never forget that these letters are intensely personal. Paul wrote to people he loved dearly, and he was happy to tell them how much others loved them, too.

How well do we communicate our love for one another inside the church? Or, for an even more foundational question, how much do we actually love one another? Sometimes the evidence for our love runs thick, but sometimes it feels as if our love for one another is more of a show than a heartfelt reality. Christ died and rose for us because of His love for us, and because of the Father’s. And His command is that we love one another. Love must be sincere. If it’s genuine, it’s gonna show.

Question: How dearly do you love other people – your family, neighbors or associates? After you’ve answered a quick, self-defensive, “I love them very dearly, of course!” ask yourself whether deep down in your heart, you actually love them or love when other people think you love them. Would you pray with me that our Lord Jesus Christ would give us hearts whose love for each other grows continually?

To review the Bible reading plan options, please visit http://tinyurl.com/yj2o7jz.



No comments: