About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Monday, June 28, 2010

Wonder of Wonders

ALL – Psalm 146:1-10
ALL – Proverbs 18:2-3
OT – 2 Kings 13:1-14:29
NT – Acts 18:22-19:12

Interesting passage for the day:
And God gave Paul the power to do unusual miracles... – Acts 19:11, The Living Bible

Thought: I’ve been thinking more about miracles lately. And you know what I think? I think that part of the reason that we don’t see more miracles here in America is because for us they would often be either a convenience or an entertainment. Think about it. *Cough, cough.* “I have a cold. But I really don’t want to go to the doctor. How about a miracle?” Or perhaps… *Yawn.* “That was an awesome concert. But they’re getting to be pretty much the same. Different singers, different styles, but eventually, if you’ve seen one, you’ve seen them all. But hey, wouldn’t it be cool if miracles really happened?” God is not a convenience. He’s our need. God is not our entertainment—He’s not our court jester. He’s our King. God gives power for miracles, but not to those of us who are just looking for fun or for an easier, more convenient life. God gives power for miracles to those whose lives are in His hands, who are willing to die for Him, who are willing to wait until Jesus’ return to see His blessings, and yet who yearn for more life to introduce more people to the King of kings. God gives miracles to people who are not desperate just for miracles, but for His Son Jesus Christ.

Question: Have you ever seen a miracle? A real miracle, not just a normal-thing-that-happens-everyday-but-is-miraculous? How did it fit with my thoughts?

To review the Bible reading plan options, please visit http://tinyurl.com/yj2o7jz.



No comments: