About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Get Off My Back

ALL – Psalm 128:1-6
ALL – Proverbs 16:31-33
OT – 1 Kings 7:1-51
NT – Acts 7:30-50

Interesting passage for the day: And so God sent back the same man his people had previously rejected by demanding, “Who made you a ruler and judge over us?” Moses was sent to be their ruler and savior. – Acts 7:35, The Living Bible

Thought: We don’t like authority, even authority that’s put in charge of us for our own good. And we have a really hard time, for some reason, discerning between men who just want to run our lives and men appointed by God to care for and lead us. We give them all the same response: “What gives you the right…?” The Israelites responded this way to Moses. People are still talking back to Jesus this way. Children say this to their parents. Adults say it to policemen. No one wants to submit.

Question: Whose authority are you rejecting? Are you rejecting their authority for God-given reasons, or just because you came up with things you don’t like about having them in charge? How can you show proper respect to authorities?

To review the Bible reading plan options, please visit http://tinyurl.com/yj2o7jz.



No comments: