About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Acts 19:8-12

    Paul entered the synagogue and spoke boldly there for three months, arguing persuasively about the kingdom of God. But some of them became obstinate; they refused to believe and publicly maligned the Way. So Paul left them. He took the disciples with him and had discussions daily in the lecture hall of Tyrannus. This went on for two years, so that all the Jews and Greeks who lived in the province of Asia heard the word of the Lord.

 

    God did extraordinary miracles through Paul, so that even handkerchiefs and aprons that had touched him were taken to the sick, and their illnesses were cured and the evil spirits left them.

 

Father, please help me to minister in such a way that all around me hear Your word. May I invest my energy, my time, my resources, all in discussing Your kingdom with people. Also, please help people to see that You are really at work. I’m not necessarily asking You to do miracles through me – I don’t want people to misunderstand and think that I have some sort of special power, and I don’t want the temptation that would come with people thinking such things – but I am asking that You would do miracles among the people to whom I minister. I am asking that You would make it plain to them that You are God, and that the words they hear from me are really Your words, so that they will trust in You and receive Your blessings.

 

No comments: