About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Acts 4:1-4

Acts 4:1-4

 

The priests and the captain of the temple guard and the Sadducees came up to Peter and John while they were speaking to the people. They were greatly disturbed because the apostles were teaching the people and proclaiming in Jesus the resurrection of the dead. They seized Peter and John, and because it was evening, they put them in jail until the next day. But many who heard the message believed, and the number of men grew to about five thousand.

 

Father, it seems as though there are always those who oppose Your teachings and Your servants, even when they are supposed to be Your followers, too. Please help me to be faithful to Your message and Your truth even when I’m being attacked by people I think are friends… and keep me from attacking Your servants. Even when I am physically opposed in some way or another for the sake of Your truth, for the sake of Jesus Christ, may I be able to see the good that You are doing through my service and persevere. May I be encouraged to see those who hear the message believing, and may that be enough for me.

 

No comments: