About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Acts 3:17-26

Anyone who keeps up with my devotional thoughts has probably noticed that I’m not the most consistent, especially lately. Sometimes, this is because I feel like I need a lot of time to read the Scripture passage, learn from it, type out my thoughts about it, respond to it, and send it to my blog. To free my time up a little, I’m sometimes going to go straight from reading the Scriptures to response – at least as far as what you will see. If you have any questions about how I got from the Scripture passage to my prayer response (what the connection is), feel free to email me and ask.

 

With that said, I think all those who follow along in the Scriptures with me will find greater consistency in listening to God through His words to be a great blessing. His words are higher than my words, and His thoughts than my thoughts. With that said, today I’m reading…

 

Acts 3:17-26

 

 "Now, brothers, I know that you acted in ignorance, as did your leaders. But this is how God fulfilled what he had foretold through all the prophets, saying that his Christ would suffer. Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord, and that he may send the Christ, who has been appointed for you--even Jesus. He must remain in heaven until the time comes for God to restore everything, as he promised long ago through his holy prophets. For Moses said, `The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own people; you must listen to everything he tells you. Anyone who does not listen to him will be completely cut off from among his people.'

 

"Indeed, all the prophets from Samuel on, as many as have spoken, have foretold these days. And you are heirs of the prophets and of the covenant God made with your fathers. He said to Abraham, `Through your offspring all peoples on earth will be blessed.' When God raised up his servant, he sent him first to you to bless you by turning each of you from your wicked ways."

 

Father, thank You that You have fulfilled Your promises despite the wicked ignorance of men – and through it. Thank You that You offer times of refreshing to those who repent of their sins and turn to You, seeking the second coming of Jesus – when all things will be restored. Thank You that Jesus is the servant foretold, apart from whom there is no hope, but in whom there is every hope. Thank You that Your promise to Abraham was blessing for all peoples on earth – turning not only the Jews, but everyone from our wicked ways. What a blessing!

 

Help me to be humble before Jesus. Help me to seek His coming. Turn me away from wickedness and make me loving, patient, and generous as I look forward to Christ’s return.

 

No comments: