About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Friday, May 2, 2008

John 16:5-7

5 "But now I am going to Him who sent Me; and none of you asks Me, `Where are You going?' 6 "But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart. 7 "But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper shall not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you.

 

Not to minimize the rest of this text, but I want to emphasize Jesus’ main point. The disciples were sad that Jesus was going away. But Jesus says that His going is beneficial to them, because He will send the Holy Spirit to them.

 

That’s it. That’s the main point. We sometimes wish that Jesus were still physically walking on earth now. And we look forward to His return – as we should! But until He returns and sets all things right, it is actually better for us to have the Holy Spirit with us believers than it would be to have Jesus physically here while the world has not been made new. The Holy Spirit is present with all believers everywhere, and He is doing Jesus’ work all over the world! We should be grateful that, as long as Jesus has not set all things right, He has put us in the best possible situation for us by sending the Holy Spirit. According to Jesus’ own words, we believers are better off to have the Holy Spirit with us than we would be to have Jesus physically with us. Jesus has left us in the best possible situation in this life!

 

Thank You, Father and Jesus, for sending the Holy Spirit to us. Thank You for not leaving us alone. Thank You for sending the Holy Spirit to be with all believers everywhere!

No comments: