About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Balancing Act

I am really looking forward to this semester. Christy and I are trying a new balancing act where I go to school every afternoon and spend several hours in the library, studying and researching, while she watches the kids (I watch them in the mornings). As long as it works and doesn’t keep her from earning enough money to keep us alive, this could be a really great arrangement for my studies and should remove a lot of stress just by giving me a block of time I know I’ll be able to use for studies. Pretty awesome! Especially since I have felt at times as though it is kind of pointless for me to do seminary without more time, since I end up learning so much less.

 

It should be noted that Christy is the most amazing wife and friend in the whole wide world to do this! I mean, she really isn’t comfortable with bearing the responsibility for our finances during this time of our lives. So giving up a lot of the time she had for business to help me out this way really means a lot. I hope that we both find it to be a rewarding experience for our whole family. If doing this forces us into financial difficulties, of course, we’ll have to change back. But if not… Well, then Christy will have just saved me a lot of stress. A lot!

 

No comments: