About Me

My photo
Born: Toccoa, GA. Raised: Internationally. Married to the best woman ever, Amanda! 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys). My parents are missionaries, and I was raised mostly in Guinea and Ivory Coast, West Africa. I personally came to know Jesus Christ at a very young age, when He saved me from my sins by His own death on the cross. He has been teaching me to love God and others since then.

Friday, October 12, 2012

Faked into Readiness

On Tuesday, Christy got in touch with me. Michael had been crying for two hours, his ear hurt, and he didn't want to go to school. She was going to need some help from me, which - fortunately - I could actually offer that day. A little bit later she told me that, within minutes of giving Michael some tylenol, he had decided that he did, in fact, want to go to school. Which made me smirk a little bit. What a turn-around!

At the same time, I didn't know whether there was really an ear problem going on or not. It had only been minutes after giving Michael the Tylenol that he had decided he felt better. Was that too quick? Or did the medicine actually kick in that quickly? How genuine was his ear pain? I needed to be prepared. So I went to the store and bought Michael some ear drops, just in case.

I still don't know whether his morning pain was genuine or not. Regardless, it never came back.

But this morning at 5:45, Emma rushed into my room. Her ear was throbbing with pain. And because I had been faked into buying ear medicine for Michael three days earlier, I was ready.

I wonder who in the world could care about us enough to fake us into readiness? Hmmm...

No comments: